Monday, January 30, 2012

We are back on the productive grind at work. Lots of guys in the shop with lots to do. We got the sheer re taped on Friday, and almost all the bulkheads are taped in. I worked on the inside of  head bulkhead, with Jay and Mike S. As I think I have said before, Saturdays are the best work days. A smaller group of guys comes in, so I usually get to do more skilled jobs. With the new shears I bought from supply I cut the material for the transom tabbing. They got that all tabbed today, and Jay and Mike and I got the forward face of bulkhead D done. We had to take lunch at 1:45, but then the afternoon went by really quickly.

I have definitely gained a few of the skills of a carbon boat builder in the first month. And I am having a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment