Friday, February 17, 2012

Its the end of the regular work week, and we have only one left. I think my lamination skills have advanced more this week than any other. I am still working with Andre, and our main task was to finish the tabbing around the mast step, so the entire area would be ready for post cure. And we did it. By the end of Wednesday we completed five separate laminations. One on Monday, two on Tuesday, and I did the final two by myself with Andre wetting out on Wednesday. It was quite tough to laminate ten ply with my head upside down in a 600 mil cube. but eight hours later they were both done and I felt pretty accomplished.

We have spent the rest of the week prepping small deck beam laminations that the other crews didn't finish. We should have all that done by Tuesday, and we will see what I get to do for my last three days. We are starting to think about how to get all of our stuff back to Webb...

No comments:

Post a Comment