Sunday, February 12, 2012

Its been quite a good weekend. Chris drove up from Philly to visit and got here Friday morning. He doesn't work Fridays, but we had to go in. To give him something to do, I met him for lunch at subway and had a delicious buffalo chicken footlong. I had to rush back to work, and finish fitting a deck longitudinal. I spent most of the week on three different operations. When I had space to work amidships, I fit the deck beam that stretches from bulkhead to to the companionway stairs, which we had tabbed in earlier in the week. Tabbing the stairs was one of the trickiest lamination I have done, but fortunately, Greg laid most of the material, I just wet out and put on the consumables. With Andre's help near the end, it took a blistering 5 hours from start to finish.

I also spent time working with Andre to make molds for the chainplate gussets, that support where the shrouds meet the deck. Andre fit the pieces, and I sanded them down to their final dimensions in the Timesaver, and giant belt sander. On Friday, I laid out the bowsprit profile on the bow of the boat. The area that the bowsprit will cover had to be removed, so that the boat is not twice as thick as it should be. To my surprise when my layout was found correct I was asked to cut it out. I proceeded to cut a giant hole in a 5 million dollar boat. Fun.

Getting back to Chris, he went with Stefan, Matt and I to the EB kids house Friday night for a wonderful dinner. We had a great pasta dinner, with meatballs and kielbasa. It was nice to get out of the house and see people for a change. After work on Saturday (I glued in that deck beam), Fanz and Matt went up to Boston,   and Chris and I went on a bit of an adventure to Fall River. We started off at Sagres, a Portuguese restaurant (http://www.yelp.com/biz/sagres-restaurant-fall-river). I had the chefs catch of the day, which turned out to be haddock, and Chris had swordfish. They were both served with brown rice, delicious boiled potatoes and a green vegetable. Overall, a good meal although the swordfish wasn't as fresh as we expected. Not disappointing, but also nothing special. We then went to see Safe House at the theater in Swansea. Really enjoyed the movie, but the theater was weird. The 7:00 pm showing on a Saturday night wasn't sold out and for an R rated movie, there were an awful lot of people under 12 and over 65.  The line for the ticket counter was out the door, but there was no one using the digital kiosk. We used it, it worked great, and we walked right in.

After the movie, we went to play Laser Tag in Fall River, at Lazer gate. I guess it is the place to be on a Saturday night, because the place was packed. We played two twenty minute games, and had a great time. Chris was ranked second overall in the last game. So all in all, it was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment